Despite the thought that testing kits are available, and thinking that we can rest easy knowing that those responsible for our health are on top of it, there seems to be misinformation and mixed messages about it.
If you are feeling that “wash your hands frequently” and “avoid touching your face” isn’t cutting it, one of the best things you can do is to build up your immune system. A strong immune system will not only help you resist infection but it’s vital for recovery should you be infected.
Here are some simple tips and some of our favorite immune-boosting supplements:
- Get enough sleep, at least 7 hours a night – it’s probably one of the best things you can do to boost your immune system. One study found surviving on four hours of sleep a night depleted the body’s natural “killer cells” by up to 70 percent.
- Keep hydrated with at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Reduce your stress levels – when we’re stressed, the immune system’s ability to fight off antigens is reduced. That is why we are more susceptible to infections. The stress hormone corticosteroid can suppress the effectiveness of the immune system (e.g. lowers the number of lymphocytes).
- Exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes every other day. Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Exercise causes change in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease.
- Improve air quality in the home, viruses like humidity, so get a humidifier – HEPA filters decrease the number of virus particles in the air.
- Try some Rooibos (Red Tea) it’s rich in polyphenols, microscopic antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory and antiviral, helping to fight colds and infections and boost the immune system.
- Eat plenty of fruits and veggies, eating leafy greens and fruits high in essential vitamins and minerals including citruses, blackberries, and Kiwi
- Take your vitamins
IMMUNE BOOSTING SUPPLEMENTS:
Immune Health Basics® extra strength for adults with challenged immune health. Strong immune support with Wellmune is a natural ingredient clinically proven to strengthen the immune system by activating the largest population of immune cells (macrophages, neutrophils, natural killer cells), which are the body’s first line of defense when you need it most.